Pangosmio Rent a Car Zakynthos (Zante)
To experience the beauty of Zakynthos Island (Zante), we suggest visiting the Pangosmio Zakynthos Car Rental Agency. Our experienced staff will inform you about our car rental services, recommend the rental car that best suits your needs and help you organize a touring schedule around Zakynthos Island with a safe and reliable car from our wide range of vehicles for car hire, whether you are on vacation or a business trip.
Rent a Car Zakynthos (Zante)
We offer a wide selection of rental cars in Zakynthos, covering all kind of demand. Our cars are brand new, professionally maintained and at the best prices. Our prices are FINAL! No hidden fees!
On this page, you will find a map of Zakynthos, showing the major points of interest on the island that you car tour with your car. You will be informed of Zakynthos sites, Zakynthos beaches, as well as distances and useful phones of Zakynthos Port, Zakynthos Airport and of other authorities in Zakynthos, Greece.
Zakynthos (Zante), otherwise known as “The Flower of the East”, is one of the most loved holiday spots in the Ionian Island cluster. Zakynthos is well-known for its natural beauty, stunning beaches, historical sites and the endangered Caretta-Caretta turtle, which lays its eggs on the island’s beaches and the surrounding islets.
BOOK YOUR CAR NOW!
Zakynthos (Zante) Sites & Attractions
We recommend starting your tour of Zakynthos Island with a visit to the capital town’s sites:
- the Church of Agios Nikolaos of Molos
- the Catholic Church of St. Mark
- the Church of Agios Dionysios, the Patron Saint of the island
- the Venetian Fortress above Zakynthos Town
- the area of Bochali, located above the town, with many cafes where visitors can relax and enjoy the magnificent view
- the National Resistance and the Post Byzantine Museums
- the Museum of Dionysios Solomos and other Eminent Zakynthians, including original manuscripts of Solomos’ famous work “The Free Besieged”
Other areas of Zakythos offer visitors exciting sightseeing, such as:
- the Stone Bridge and the River in Alykes
- the Stone Bridge, the Medieval Castle and the Mini Zoo in Argasi
- the Church of Agia Mavra and Timotheos in Machairado
- the Monasteries of Agios Andreas and Agios Georgios in Volimes
- the Churches of Agios Nikolaos and Evanggelistria in Ano and Kato Gerakari, respectively
- the view from the Kambi Cliffs and the Mycenaean Graveyard in Kambi
- the Mycenaean Domed Tomb and the Spring of Herodotus, with sulphurous and tar waters in Keri
- Laganas beach and Marathonissi Isle, where the Caretta-Caretta Turtle lays its eggs. You can reach the isle by tour boat from Keri.
- the Blue Caves, which can be reached by tour boat from Agios Nikolaos
- the Folklore Museums in Vasilikos and Katastari
- the Maritime Museum in Tsilivi
Zakynthos (Zante) Beaches
Zakynthos is famous for its clear, turquoise waters and variety of beaches, some of which are surrounded by cliffs, others by lush hills.
South of Zakynthos Town, you will find the wonderful beaches of Argasi, Banana, Agios Nikolaos and Gerakas. On Laganas Bay, you can swim at the beaches of Laganas, Kalamaki and Porto Koukla. On the southern tip of Zakynthos is the settlement of Keri, from where tour boats depart for Marathonissi Isle and the sea caverns. From the boat visitors can dive into azure waters and swim into the caverns.
The western side is less accessible, but possesses the lovely beach of Limniona and the breathtaking beach of Navagio (Ship Wreck Beach), which can be reached by tour boat. On the northern tip of Zakynthos are the Blue Caves, which can be access by rented tour boat from Agios Nikolaos Village. Along the eastern coast are beaches with calm and shallow waters such as Xigia, Alykes, Pachia Ammos, Bouka and Tsilivi.
You can reach Zakynthos (Zante) Island, Greece:
A. From Athens to Zakynthos by:
- Airplane from the Athens International Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos”
The Athens International Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos”: Tel. +30 210 353-0000
Olympic Airlines Athens: Tel. +30 210 966-6666 or 801-11-44444
- Bus from the Athens KTEL Intercity Bus Station to Kyllini and then Ferry boat from Kyllini Port
Athens Intercity Bus Station: Tel. +30 210 515-0785
Kyllini Port : Tel. +30 26230 92211
B. From Thessaloniki to Zakynthos by:
- Airplane from the “Macedonia” Thessaloniki Airport
“Macedonia” Thessaloniki Airport: Tel. +30 2310 985-000 or +30 2310 473-212
Olympic Airlines Thessaloniki: Tel. +30 2310 368-311
- Bus from the Thessaloniki KTEL Intercity Bus Station to Kyllini and then Ferry boat from Kyllini Port
Thessaloniki Intercity Bus Station: +30 2310 595-411
Kyllini Port : +30 26230 92211
From Zakynthos to Athens and Thessaloniki by:
Ferry Boat or Airplane
Zakynthos Port : Tel. +30 26950 28117
Zakynthos Airport : Tel. +30 26950 29500 or +30 26950 29505
Olympic Airlines Zakynthos: Tel. +30 26950 28611
Zakynthos Intercity Bus Station: Tel. +30 26950 43850
From Zakynthos (Zante), visitors can also fly to the airports of other Ionian Islands (Kefalonia & Kerkyra) and Preveza Town in Epirus or take a boat to Kefalonia. For more information, kindly contact the Zakynthos Airport and the Zakynthos Port.
Other Zakynthos authorities:
Zakynthos Police: Tel. +30 26950 24480
Zakynthos Tourist Police: Tel. +30 26950 24483
Zakynthos Town Hospital : Tel. +30 26950 59100
Surcharges for hotel/ railway/ port/ airport deliveries and collections are always included in our offered prices!
When comparing our prices with others, make sure you compare FINAL prices and not ones that purposely keep surcharges hidden away!