Pangosmio Car Hire Kefalonia
To truly explore the breathtaking island of Kefalonia (Cephalonia), Greece, you should be able to reach the most secluded beaches, remotest villages and highest mountains. To achieve this, you must have a trustworthy car hire.
Car Hire Kefalonia
The Pangosmio Kefalonia Car Hire Agency offers its high quality car rental services and a wide range of brand new cars that cater to your needs and budget, whether you are on vacation or a business trip. With a Kefalonia car rental, you can easily plan your tour of Kefalonia and travel comfortable and safely. On this page, you are provided with a map of Kefalonia, Greece, showing the major points of interest on the island, that we recommend visiting with your car. You will be informed of Kefalonia sites, Kefalonia beaches, as well as distances and useful phones of Kefalonia Port, Kefalonia Airport and of other authorities in Kefalonia, Greece.
BOOK YOUR CAR NOW!
Kefalonia Sites and Attractions
Kefalonia, the largest island in the Ionian Cluster, is characterized by alternating scenery and breathtaking natural features such as sandy beaches, mountains, forests, caves and coves. It is the perfect holiday spot for sightseers, due to its superb archaeological and historical sites, charming churches and picturesque villages.
While on Kefalonia Island, we recommend visiting the following archaeological and historical sites:
- the lighthouse and ancient washbasins in Fiscardo
- the Ancient City of Sami and the Roman Baths in the village of Sami
- the Ancient Graves in Tzanata
- the Minoan Domed Tombs in Lakithra
- Ancient Pali in Lixouri
- the Roman Manor in Agia Efimia
- the Roman Villa Ruins in Skala
- the Castle of Agios Georgios and the Byzantine Monastery of Agios Andras Milapidas and its Museum in Peratata
- the 13 th century Monastery of Panagia Atrou in Poros
- the Venetian Castle in Asos
- the Monument of the WWII Italian Regiment Acqui in Lassi
- the Public Library, which contains books from 1516 AD and the
- Archaeological Collection in Lixouri
- the Archaeological, Natural History and Historical & Folklore Museums in Argostoli
- the Maritime and Environmental Museum in Fiskardo
If you are a nature lover, then Kefalonia is the place for you, as it possesses the following natural sites:
- the “Ainos” National Park
- the verdant Omalon Mountain Range
- the Vochyna Gorge
- the Cave of Agios Gerasimos, where he stayed for 6 years
- the Sea Caves in Agia Kyriaki
- the Cave of Drogaratis with its wonderful stalactites and stalagmites
- the Drakaina Cave in Poros, where evidence shows that it was used as shelter from the Neolithic Period
- the Caves in Fiskardo, believed to have been used since ancient times
- the Lake Cave of Melissani, where the rays of light come in from holes in the roof and create a splendid image
- the Lake in Karavomylos that fills with waters that flows from Argostoli
- the Avythos Lake in Agios Nikolaos
- the Rocky Formations in Xi
- the White Cliffs in Makris Gialos and Platis Gialos
- the view from “Skoloubas” in Assos
Kefalonia has some of the most beautiful beaches in Greece, with sand or pebbles, clear azure waters and surrounding cliffs.
In southwestern Kefalonia, near Argostoli, the capital of the island, are the beaches of Makris Gialos and Platis Gialos. Opposite the aforementioned beaches, towards the west side, near the town of Lixouri are the beaches of Lededa, Megas Lakkos and Xi, where visitors can cover themselves with mud from the surrounding cliffs. Travelling up the western side, you will find the spectacular Petani Beach.
On the southern coast of Kefalonia you can swim at the beaches of Spartia, Lourdata, Mounda and Skala. Along the eastern coast, the splendid beaches of Antisamos, Karavomylos and Agia Efimia can be found. On the northern tip of Kefalonia is the town of Fiskardo, with its beaches Foki and Emblysi. From there you can go to the village of Assos to swim at its beach or at the famous nearby beach of Myrtos, one of the finest beaches in Greece.
You can reach Kefalonia (Cephalonia) Island, Greece:
A. From Athens to Kefalonia by:
- Airplane from the Athens International Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos”
The Athens International Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos”: Tel. +30 210 353-0000
Olympic Airlines Athens: Tel. +30 210 966-6666 or 801-11-44444
- Bus from the Athens KTEL Intercity Bus Station to Kyllini or Patra and then Ferry boat from Kyllini Port or Patra Port
Athens Intercity Bus Station: +30 210 515-0785
Patra Port : Tel. +30 2610 341-002 or +2610 341-024
Kyllini Port : Tel. +30 26230 92211
B. From Thessaloniki to Kefalonia Island by:
Airplane from the “Macedonia” Thessaloniki Airport
“Macedonia” Thessaloniki Airport: Tel. +30 2310 985-000 or +30 2310 473-212
Olympic Airlines Thessaloniki: Tel. +30 2310 368-311
From Kefalonia to Athens and Thessaloniki by:
Ferry Boat or Airplane
Kefalonia Port (Argostoli): Tel. +30 26710 22333 or +30 26710 22224
Kefalonia Port (Sami): Tel. +30 26740 22031
Kefalonia Airport : Tel. +30 26710 29900
Olympic Airlines Kefalonia: Tel. +30 26710 28808 or +30 26710 28881
Kefalonia Intercity Bus Station: Tel. +30 26710 22281
From Kefalonia, visitors can also fly to the airports of other Ionian Islands (Zakynthos & Kerkyra) and Preveza Town in Epirus or take a boat to other Ionian Islands (Zakynthos, Ithaki, Lefkada). For more information, kindly contact the Kefalonia Airport and the Kefalonia Port authorities.
Other Kefalonia authorities:
Kefalonia Police: Tel. +30 26710 22200
Kefalonia Tourist Police: Tel. +30 26710 22815
Argostoli General Hospital : Tel. +30 26710 24641
Surcharges for hotel/ railway/ port/ airport deliveries and collections are always included in our offered prices!
When comparing our prices with others, make sure you compare FINAL prices and not ones that purposely keep surcharges hidden away!