Pangosmio Rent a Car Heraklion - Cheap Car Rental in Heraklion Crete
To experience the beauty of Heraklion, Crete, we suggest paying a visit to Pangosmio Rent a Car in Heraklion.
Rent a Car Heraklion
Our experienced staff will inform you about our Heraklion car rental services, recommend the car hire that best suits your needs and help you organize a touring schedule around Heraklion with a safe and reliable rental car from our wide range of cars, whether you are on vacation or a business trip.
Crete is ideal for touring by car, as it has a well-developed transportation network and excellent roads. On this page, you will find a map of Heraklion, Crete, showing the major points of interest in the Prefecture, where you can drive with your car.
You will be informed of Heraklion sites, Heraklion beaches, as well as distances and useful phones of Heraklion Port, Heraklion Airport and of other authorities in Heraklion, Crete, Greece.
BOOK YOUR CAR NOW!
Attractions & Sites of Heraklion (Iraklio) Prefecture, Crete, Greece
The prefecture of Heraklion is situated between the prefectures of Rethymnon and Lassithi. The prefecture is famous for its excellent archaeological sites, Byzantine & Venetian buildings and wonderful natural sites.
While in Heraklion Town we recommend visiting:
- the Archaeological, Historical and Ecclesiastical Museums and the Museum of Natural History
- the Venetian Walls
- the Venetian Port
- the Fountain of Morozini
Throughout the Heraklion Prefecture, there are many significant sites worth visiting, such as:
- the world-famous Minoan sites of Knossos, Phaistos, Tylissos, Amnissos, Levina, Lyttos, Malia and Gortyna
- The Minoan Summer Palace and Sanctuary, the Ancient Necropolis and the Archaeological Museum in Archanes
- the remains of the Ancient “Kommos” Port and the caves in Matala
- the Post-Minoan Graves in the area of “Kladiastos” and the Monastery of Savvathianon in Agia Pelagia
- the Nikos Kazantzakis Museum in Peza
- the “Lychnostatis” Cretan Folklore Museum in Hersonissos
- the house and museum of Dominikos Theotokopoulos (the painter El Greco) in Fodele
- Mt. Youchtas
- the Cave of Elethyas in Amnissos
- the Cave in Kamares
- the Viannos – Amira Gorge
- the Venetian fortresses and the historical monasteries and churches located throughout the Heraklion Prefecture
Heraklion Beaches, Crete
If you love lying on beautiful beaches and soaking up the warm sun, then Heraklion Prefecture is the place for you
On the northwestern coast of Heraklion are the beaches of Agia Pelagia, Mononaftis, Fodele, Ammoudara and Paleokastro, while on the northeastern coast you can go to the beaches of Gournes, Hersonissos, Malia and Stalida.
On the southern coast are the superb beaches of Agios Nikitas, Kalamaki, Katalyki, Lendas, Loutra, Matala and Dermatos.
You can reach the Prefecture of Heraklion (Iraklio) Crete, Greece:
A. From Athens to Heraklion by:
- Ferry Boat from Piraeus Port:
Piraeus Port : Tel. +30 210 422-6001 to 3
- Airplane from the Athens International Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos”
The Athens International Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos”: Tel. +30 210 353-0000
Olympic Airlines Athens: Tel. +30 210 966-6666 or 801-11-44444
Aegean Airlines Athens: Tel. + 30 210 626-1000 or 801-11-20000
B. From Thessaloniki to Heraklion by:
- Ferry Boat from Thessaloniki Port:
Thessaloniki Port : Tel. +30 2310 531-505
- Airplane from the “Macedonia” Thessaloniki Airport
“Macedonia” Thessaloniki Airport: Tel. +30 2310 985-000 or +30 2310 473-212
Olympic Airlines Thessaloniki: Tel. +30 2310 368-311
From Heraklion to Athens and Thessaloniki by:
Ferry Boat or Airplane
Heraklion Port : Tel. +30 2810 244-912 or +30 2810 244-956
The “Nikos Kazantzakis” Heraklion Airport: Tel. +30 2810 397-129, +30 2810 397-136 or +30 2810 397-800
Olympic Airlines Heraklion: Tel. +30 2810 244-802
Aegean Airlines Heraklion: Tel. +30 2810 344-324
From Heraklion Port, boats also depart for several Cycladic Islands (Ios, Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini and Tinos), Rhodes and Skiathos.
Other Heraklion authorities:
Heraklion Police: Tel. +30 2810 282-243 or +30 2810 284-589
Heraklion Tourist Police: Tel. +30 2810 283-190
Heraklion Hospital “Venizeleio”: Tel. +30 2810 368-000
Archanes Rural Clinic: Tel. +30 2810 751-811
Hersonissos Rural Clinic: Tel. +30 28970 22042
Surcharges for hotel/ railway/ port/ airport deliveries and collections are always included in our offered prices!
When comparing our prices with others, make sure you compare FINAL prices and not ones that purposely keep surcharges hidden away!