Pangosmio Rent a Car Chania - Cheap Car Rental in Chania Airport
Chania, Crete is a wonderful holiday destination, ideal for exploration, as it is packed with excellent historical & natural sites, as well as stunning beaches and charming villages. It is therefore necessary that you have a reliable and comfortable means of getting around Chania (Hania). The safest and most efficient way to travel in Chania is by rental car.
Rent a Car Chania
At the Pangosmio Rent a Car in Chania Crete, we offer first class car hire services, sound travel advice and a wide selection of rental cars that are suitable for every type of visitor, and ensure comfort, convenience and safe driving during your stay in Chania, whether you are on vacation or a business trip. Crete is ideal for touring by car, as it has a well-developed transportation network and excellent roads.
On this page, you are provided with a map of Chania, Crete, showing the major points of interest in the Prefecture, where you can travel with your car. You will be informed of Chania sites, Chania beaches, as well as distances and useful phones of Chania Port, Chania Airport and of the authorities in Chania, Crete, Greece.
BOOK YOUR CAR NOW!
Sites & Attractions of Chania Prefecture
The Chania Prefecture, located on the western side of Crete, is well-known for its wonderful archaeological, historical, religious and natural sites.
While in Chania Town, the capital of the prefecture, we suggest visiting:
- the Venetian Port
- the Venetian Lighthouse
- the Firkas Fortress
- the Mosque of Kioutsouk Hassan
- the Archaeological, Byzantine, Folklore, Maritime and War Museums, as well as the Historical Archive Collection
- the Venetian and Turkish buildings, churches and old neighbourhoods throughout the town
Other worthwhile sites in the Chania Prefecture are:
- the Ancient Cities of Anopolis, Polyrinia and Falasarna
- Ancient Aptera in Souda
- Ancient Lissos in Souyia
- Ancient Amfimalla in Georgioupolis
- the Frangokastelo Fortress
- the Fortress in Agia Roumeli
- the Greco-Roman Ruins in Kastelli Kissamos
- the Samaria Gorge, Europe’s longest gorge and its Museum of Natural History
- the Gorges of Imbros, Therissos and Topolia
- the Kournas Lake and Cave
- the historical monasteries and their museums in Akrotiri
- Elafonissi, Gavdos and Gramvoussa Isles
- the picturesque villages, fortresses, monasteries and churches located throughout the Chania Prefecture
In the prefecture of Chania there are beautiful beaches for every type of visitor, from popular, much-frequented beaches to quiet, secluded ones.
On the northern coast you can swim at the beaches of Kalyves, Georgioupolis, Agii Apostoli, Platanias, Kolymbari and Kastelli Kissamos. On the western coast are the lovely beach of Falasarna and the isle of Gramvoussa, while on the southern coast you can go to the beaches of Agia Marina, Frangokastelo, Souyia and the stunning isles of Elafonissi and Gavdos.
You can reach the Prefecture of Chania Crete:
A. From Athens to Chania by:
- Ferry Boat from Piraeus Port:
Piraeus Port : Tel. +30 210 422-6001 to 3
- Airplane from the Athens International Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos”
The Athens International Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos”: Tel. +30 210 353-0000
Olympic Airlines Athens: Tel. +30 210 966-6666 or 801-11-44444
Aegean Airlines Athens: Tel. + 30 210 626-1000 or 801-11-20000
B. From Thessaloniki to Chania by:
- Ferry Boat from Thessaloniki Port:
Thessaloniki Port : Tel. +30 2310 531-505
- Airplane from the “Macedonia” Thessaloniki Airport
“Macedonia” Thessaloniki Airport: Tel. +30 2310 985-000 or +30 2310 473-212
Olympic Airlines Thessaloniki: Tel. +30 2310 368-311
From Chania to Athens and Thessaloniki by:
Ferry Boat or Airplane
Chania (Souda) Port: Tel. +30 28210 89240
Chania Airport “K. Daskalogiannis”: Tel. +30 28210 83800 and +30 28210 83805
Olympic Airlines Chania: Tel. +30 28210 57701 to 03
Aegean Airlines Chania: Tel. +30 28210 51100
Other Chania (Hania) authorities:
Chania Police: Tel. +30 28210 28744
Chania Tourist Police: Tel. +30 28210 53333
Chania National Tourism Organization Office: Tel. +30 28210 92624
Chania Town Hospital : Tel. +30 28210 22000
Kastelli Kissamos Health Center : Tel. +30 28220 22222
Souda Navy Hospital : Tel. +30 28210 89307
Surcharges for hotel/ railway/ port/ airport deliveries and collections are always included in our offered prices!
When comparing our prices with others, make sure you compare FINAL prices and not ones that purposely keep surcharges hidden away!